Kingsport Theatre Guild’s New Shows!
We have LOTS coming up here at KTG and we want to make sure you are informed! Below is a list of dates (and a few details) for what’s coming up!
July 17 & 18, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Auditions for “All I Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten”
- It is a flexible cast (minimum 3 men and 3 women). Auditions will be monologue from the play. Ages 16-80. All will be playing great age ranges. You will have at least ten minutes to practice the monologues.
July 24 & 25, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Auditions for “Things My Mother Taught Me”
- This hilarious comedy is back by popular demand! Olivia and Gabe are moving into their first apartment together. They’ve just packed up all of their belongings and driven halfway across the country, to start a new life together in Chicago. Their moving day doesn’t go exactly as planned, though, and things become slightly more complicated when all of their parents show up to help! Can a two bedroom apartment contain all of the love, laughs, worry and wisdom that’s about to happen? This brand new comedy takes a generational look at relationships, and how sometimes parents are passing their best lessons on to their children without even meaning to.
- THE CAST: Olivia – Late 20’s, Karen – Olivia’s mother, Carter – Olivia’s father, Gabe – Late 20’s, Lydia – Gabe’s mother, Wyatt – Gabe’s father,
Max (male or female) – late 50’s, building Super
July 29, Noon – 2 p.m. – “Stage Management” Audition Forms to Strike”
- Learn all the skills necessary to become a paid stage manager with KTG, starting as early as this season! You will be equipped with your own stage manager notebook with organizational materials and paperwork to use after your training. You do not HAVE to stage manage for KTG, all we require is you are interested in learning about Stage Management. Stage managing for KTG is just a perk 🙂
August 11 – 20 – KTG: Mainstage – “Pinkalicious: The Musical”
- Tickets are available by clicking HERE
- THE STORY: Pinkalicious can’t stop eating pink cupcakes despite warnings from her parents. Her pink indulgence lands her at the doctor’s office with Pinkititis, an affliction that turns her pink from head to toe – a dream come true for this pink loving enthusiast. But when her hue goes too far, only Pinkalicious can figure out a way to get out of this predicament.
- THE CAST: Pinkalicious – Abigail Marshall, Peter – Tyler Bishop, Mr. Pinkerton – Coy Owens, Mrs. Pinkerton – Shelby Potter, Dr. Wink – Nouria Edwards, Alison – Molly Turner, Bird – McKenzie Hoskins, Bee – Annabelle Parks, Butterflies – Avery Morgan and Cynthia Grace McLean, Cupcakes – Brooklyn Pickel, Gillian Brents, Meila Mitchell, Jaycie Bise
- FOR PARENTS AND TEACHERS: Study guides are available and FREE and can be emailed to you! Just email KingsportTheatreGuild@gmail.
com and ask for one!
August 14 & 15, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Auditions for “Nanyehi: The Story of Nancy Ward”
- THE STORY: The Story of Nancy Ward is based on the life of Becky’s 5th-great grandmother, Nancy Ward, Beloved Woman of the Cherokee, who was first honored as a Cherokee war woman, then as a peacemaker in the 1700’s. She was first named Nanyehi, and later known as Nancy Ward. The musical chronicles her life (1738-1822), her struggles, her loves, her family. To read more about Nancy Ward’s life, visit the Association of the Descendants of Nancy Ward web site: www.nancyward.org