The Downtown Kingsport Association is seeking a community-oriented individual with strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills to manage the Main Street Program. The position will report to the President of the Downtown Kingsport Association and coordinate the activities of volunteers and any administrative support staff. The ideal candidate will:
Deadline is extended to May 1
- Preferably have knowledge of the principles and practices related to the National Main Street Program’s four-point approach to downtown revitalization.
- Understand the principles and practices of historic preservation programs.
- Have exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with business owners, City staff, elected officials, and the public.
- Have knowledge of the principles and practices of urban planning and development.
- Understand research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Have knowledge of the principles and procedures of financial, statistical, and administrative record keeping.
Examples of Duties:
- Attend local, state, and national meetings as a representative for the Downtown Kingsport Association.
- Assist individual tenants and property owners with physical improvement projects through personal consulting, referrals, and obtaining and coordinating professional design services; and provide professional advice and guidance regarding financial options for physical improvements.
- Coordinate and manage projects; solicit and review bids; prepare and process documents.
- Encourage downtown activities including promotional and special events, advertising, and festivals.
- Research, write, and administer grants including project management and reporting.
- Develop and foster productive relationships among local, state, and national agencies and the business community regarding downtown revitalization.
- Two years of responsible experience managing programs and working with groups and the public.
- Preferred one year of working familiarity with a Main Street program.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, supplemented by specialized training and coursework in finance, public relations, management, business administration, public administration, historic preservation, or related field.
- DKA Executive Director must reside in Kingsport or have the ability to relocate to Kingsport within 90 days.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Additional benefits include vacation starting at 80 hours per year, holidays (nine fixed and two floating), and sick leave (accrued at 3.70 hours per pay period).
Submit resume, cover letter, salary expectations and three references by May 1, 2017 to:
- Mail: Downtown Kingsport Association, 229 Broad St., Kingsport, TN 37660
- Email: email@example.com
No Phone calls please