Appalachian Sustainable Development will host an event at a hot new spot in Downtown Kingsport, The 101!
The evening will begin with an indoor VIP Recpetion at Style Boutique at 5:30PM complete with open beer/wine bar & hors d’oeuvres prepared with local Appalachian ingredients. Then move out back for a “knock-your-socks” off concert with Phoebe Hunt & The Gatherers & special guest Dori Freeman! Space is limited so purchase your tickets now by visiting the website!
After a very successful 2016 fun event, Netherland Inn is once again sponsoring our largest fundraiser, The Netherland Inn Lo Country Boil. On August 12, 2017, we will be enjoying everyone’s favorite Frogmore Stew, singing and dancing at the exciting venue, the Kingsport Farmer’s Market. Great food and a chance to further historic restoration at King’s Port on the Holston River!
We need your help to protect our local treasure!
The Netherland Inn Complex is the “Centerpiece” of the City’s 20-year “Riverwalk” / Kingsport on the Holston re-development project. It is essential the financial support for its continued existence be insured.
In the early years of the Netherland Inn Association, federal grants were available and much of the restoration was financed by these grants. Present day, the Inn is maintained and expanded completely with Association dues, memorial donations, gift shop sales and fund raising events. Maintenance costs for the complex are major, and reconstruction of historic additions (such as the bank barn and flatboat) has magnified the operating and maintenance expenses.
We have used 100% of the funding from past events for:
– continuous repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds
– replacement of the heating and cooling system in the Inn
– Parts 1 & 2 of the Inn’s 4-Stage Plan: completion and furnishing of the Museum of Pioneer Transportation and replica flatboat
– Exterior repair and re-painting the Inn
Funds from this and future events will go toward:
– Parts 3 & 4 of the Inn’s 4-Stage Plan: construction of a reproduction of King’s Wharf and the salt warehouse
– We are very excited to announce a new project! Funds are needed for the moving, reassembling, roofing, and wiring of a pre-Civil War cabin to be used as an interactive children’s pioneer museum
All proceeds from the 2017 Lo Country Boil will be used to augment and maintain the Inn.
Thank you for your support of this unique historic site!
Purchase tickets online here or grab them at the door!
High Voltage has a new competition going and you’re going to be excited!
American Cornhole League Directors will run a cornhole tournament every Wednesday at High Voltage! All you have to do to participate is show up at 6:30 with $7 per participant. Blind drawings from team take place before and Bags fly at 7:00pm! 100% Payout to winners!
New Food Truck, Dog Pound, will be serving sausages and hot dogs and The Fuse Box will be open for sharing boards & Brews!
We have LOTS coming up here at KTG and we want to make sure you are informed! Below is a list of dates (and a few details) for what’s coming up!
July 17 & 18, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Auditions for “All I Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten”
- It is a flexible cast (minimum 3 men and 3 women). Auditions will be monologue from the play. Ages 16-80. All will be playing great age ranges. You will have at least ten minutes to practice the monologues.
July 24 & 25, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Auditions for “Things My Mother Taught Me”
- This hilarious comedy is back by popular demand! Olivia and Gabe are moving into their first apartment together. They’ve just packed up all of their belongings and driven halfway across the country, to start a new life together in Chicago. Their moving day doesn’t go exactly as planned, though, and things become slightly more complicated when all of their parents show up to help! Can a two bedroom apartment contain all of the love, laughs, worry and wisdom that’s about to happen? This brand new comedy takes a generational look at relationships, and how sometimes parents are passing their best lessons on to their children without even meaning to.
- THE CAST: Olivia – Late 20’s, Karen – Olivia’s mother, Carter – Olivia’s father, Gabe – Late 20’s, Lydia – Gabe’s mother, Wyatt – Gabe’s father,
Max (male or female) – late 50’s, building Super
July 29, Noon – 2 p.m. – “Stage Management” Audition Forms to Strike”
- Learn all the skills necessary to become a paid stage manager with KTG, starting as early as this season! You will be equipped with your own stage manager notebook with organizational materials and paperwork to use after your training. You do not HAVE to stage manage for KTG, all we require is you are interested in learning about Stage Management. Stage managing for KTG is just a perk 🙂
August 11 – 20 – KTG: Mainstage – “Pinkalicious: The Musical”
- Tickets are available by clicking HERE
- THE STORY: Pinkalicious can’t stop eating pink cupcakes despite warnings from her parents. Her pink indulgence lands her at the doctor’s office with Pinkititis, an affliction that turns her pink from head to toe – a dream come true for this pink loving enthusiast. But when her hue goes too far, only Pinkalicious can figure out a way to get out of this predicament.
- THE CAST: Pinkalicious – Abigail Marshall, Peter – Tyler Bishop, Mr. Pinkerton – Coy Owens, Mrs. Pinkerton – Shelby Potter, Dr. Wink – Nouria Edwards, Alison – Molly Turner, Bird – McKenzie Hoskins, Bee – Annabelle Parks, Butterflies – Avery Morgan and Cynthia Grace McLean, Cupcakes – Brooklyn Pickel, Gillian Brents, Meila Mitchell, Jaycie Bise
- FOR PARENTS AND TEACHERS: Study guides are available and FREE and can be emailed to you! Just email KingsportTheatreGuild@gmail.
com and ask for one!
August 14 & 15, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Auditions for “Nanyehi: The Story of Nancy Ward”
- THE STORY: The Story of Nancy Ward is based on the life of Becky’s 5th-great grandmother, Nancy Ward, Beloved Woman of the Cherokee, who was first honored as a Cherokee war woman, then as a peacemaker in the 1700’s. She was first named Nanyehi, and later known as Nancy Ward. The musical chronicles her life (1738-1822), her struggles, her loves, her family. To read more about Nancy Ward’s life, visit the Association of the Descendants of Nancy Ward web site: www.nancyward.org
High Voltage is Kingsport, TN’s newest hangout spot! High Voltage is what you get when you cross a truly unique event venue and a kickback beer garden. You have corn hole, drinks, shopping, and this Friday Project Waffle will be there at 6!
“Untitled” Mark Wankel, July’s Artist of the Month
Join Us forThursday, July 6th5-8 pmExhibiting ArtistMark Wankel
“Premium Ground Bloom” Mark WankelLive Music byMark Mahoney!Free!Wine Tasting, Hors D’oeuvres!Bellafina Chocolate!Little Cake Cupcakes!
Try Award Winning
Box Wines!#ClassItUp-PutItInANook!New to the Gallery
“Turquoise Topography II”Susan Connelly McClellandJewelry Just In!Janette Franich
Tree of Life Pendants and Copper Bracelets!Kathryn Jenkins
New Floral and Framed Tiles!
Garden Markers too!Lecy Campbell, Drumboden Tile
New Lynn Perry Bracelets and Earrings!Corona Art Glass
Cindy Saadeh & Michael Ripper
“We can’t wait to see you at Sip&Stroll!Our favorite night each month, when we see old friends,meet new ones and enjoy the eveningtogether… “WHOLESALENow Available!Inquire at the gallery…(423) 245-2800Instagram:@winenookTwitter: @winenook1NEW Hours for 2017Monday-Thursday: 11am-5:30pmFriday: 11am-6pmSaturday: 10am-6pmLike us on Facebook!________________________________________Most Gallery Merchandiseis Proudly Made in theUSAPhotograph: “Virginia Horse Barn Flag” by Sam Bass_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Artistic Design ServicesHow it works:We will come to your office or homeand create a custom mock-up of artworkfrom the gallery for your walls.This service isFREE with a minimum purchase!Call the gallery for more information.423.245.2800________________________________________
Bridal RegistryWe now offer
Colorful Earthenware Bowls by Rikki TaylorGinger Graters and Cruets by Cathey Bolton,Cutting Boards by Michael Ripper,Chicken Cookers and Square Casseroles byAnthony Stoneware,Lace Impressed Porcelain by Craven,Beautiful Wood bowls byKent Blazier, Ken Lewis and Richard Dwyer,Stoneware Dishes and Bakers by Hank Goodmanand many other pieces that will be sure to help youcreate a beautiful home.________________________________________Monday – Thursday: 11am-5:30pmFriday: 11am-6pmSaturday: 10am – 6pm
Fourth Friday Breakfast
Friday, June 23 | 7:30 a.m.
MeadowView Marriott Conference Resort &
Addressing the Opioid Crisis in Tennessee
Dr. JD Hickey, BlueCross President & CEO
Dr. Andrea Willis, BlueCross Chief Medical Officer
To RSVP contact Karen Redman at
or (423) 392-8800
Questions? Call (423) 392-8800.